Monday, June 09, 2014

BOGOF's aweigh

Well, here we are again. It's that time of year, the time when the BOGOF household take off an their holiday cruise. I'm writing this in the wonderful oasis of quiet that is the BA Executive lounge at Newcastle airport. We're off to Heathrow tonight, then on to Rome tomorrow to meet the ship. If you want to know where we go from there, keep checking back and follow our adventures !!




Of course this is my first holiday where I didn't have to take time off work as I'm now a retired person. That meant a whole week to get everything ready, instead of cramming all the preparations into two days. That's a definite plus, as is plenty of time to unwind when we get home.



All in all, this retirement business has lots to recommend it. If you were to ask me what it's like, I would find it hard to explain, having no point of reference. I can say it's WAY better than working for a living. I don't miss that one little bit. And of course if either I or Marie has a doctors appointment, or we need to go shopping, or anything else, we can go whenever we like or whenever we can. On the down side, sometimes it's hard to remember what day of the week it is, but other that that, it's great.      

No comments: