Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Holiday wardrobe - sorted

As I mentioned in the last blog on Bank Holiday Monday we went to Matalan to look for some holiday clothes.

Given the disappointing expedition to the Metro Centre I wasn’t expecting to find anything.

So I was over the moon when I kept seeing things that I actually liked !!!!

Two pairs of trousers and six tops made it to the changing room – but only one top made it to the checkout.

I hate to see rolls of fat showing through fabric either on myself or other people, and as I’m a cousin of the Michelin Man, that’s what was happening in five of the tops.

It looked like I was going to have to do some sewing when I remembered that there were still a couple of tops in the loft. When we went on our cruise last year I hadn’t taken them all with us so they escaped being damaged by the sun screen.

I also found in my sewing box a couple of shirts I’d started making last year but hadn’t quite finished because they were a little tight around the waist. As I’ve lost a little bit of weight since then they now fit.

Cinders, you shall go on the cruise….

Marie

No comments: