Saturday, May 09, 2009

I can see clearly now….

….or I will shortly when I become a spectacle wearer.

This morning we both went for our two yearly eye test. As usual John needed a new pair, which sadly meant parting with over £400.

Normally I’m sent on my way being reassured that everything is fine. Not this time though. As soon as the little optician man dropped a lens in front of my eye, and the letters become sharper, I knew I was joining the ranks of spectacle wearers.

It’s not as bad as it could have been because I only need them for reading or other close up work if my eyes are tired.

Boots had a buy one get one free offer, so I now have a pair for upstairs and a pair for downstairs.

Marie

PS apologies to Sybil Baggins for pinching her title…

3 comments:

Jennysmith said...

Hi Marie, have missed you.

don't talk to me about bloody glasses. Got talked into verifocals at £ 200 a shot (free spare pair tho') and I hate them!
Can't see any advantage at all. Tho' some people swear by them.

Hate those eye tests but I have to say I'd be lost without glasses now. Hope you get a nice pair.

How's your knee?? xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Apology accepted!

Got my new glasses today, and everything looks so much better!

Jenny

♥ Braja said...

I'm just off in a dream cos you mentioned Boots :)