Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What we’ve always wanted

My mam has finally decided where she will be spending Christmas day. It’s with my sister.

I’m happy with that as my mam came to ours last year and it means that for the very first time we’ll have a Christmas the way we want it.

Because we have always tried to please everyone, we’ve spent Christmas day on the go and at times the day has passed with a blur.

This year is going to be different. We can get up when we want – instead of having to set the alarm in case we oversleep. We don’t have to stick to a rigid timetable - so what if the potatoes take longer to cook, we’re not going anywhere so don’t have to worry about being late.

We can also do something we’ve longed to do – have a glass of fizzy whilst preparing the lunch. In the past one of us has been the taxi driver so couldn’t.

It’ll be my very first Christmas without seeing my mam at sometime during the day. We haven’t received the ‘Royal Invite’ for tea and even if we had I’m sure we’ll be otherwise occupied…

However my mam is coming to ours on Boxing Day and she’s asked if we could do her a ‘Christmas lunch’. My sister and her family will be having their usual Christmas meal – pasta, pasta and more pasta.

So this Christmas we’ll be having two Christmas lunches.

It’s a tough job but someone’s got to do it ! ! !

Marie

1 comment:

Paul said...

I hope there'll be salad?