Thursday, April 13, 2006

Normal service has resumed

Yes folks, we’re back. Blackpool conference and hospital radio work I’m afraid took up rather a lot of our time, hence no blogs.

To protect our sanity and give us a bit of a break we’re made an executive decision that from now until the end of Easter the subject of HR will be banned.

So what else has happened while we’ve been away. I’m pleased to report that the cold sores in my eye has cleared up and no damage has been done.

I’m in the wars again. Last Saturday I was a bit over zealous chopping an onion and chopped my finger nail instead. I couldn’t bear another trip to A&E so we managed to patched it up ourselves. Whilst I was at the doctors on Wednesday collecting a prescription, I asked the nurse to have a look at it. It’s still looks a bit yucky but is ok. However until the nail has grown back I have to keep it covered with a plaster. Thankfully the chemist had a 3 for 2 offer on plasters…

We now know why there was a lot of banging, hammering etc coming from next door. We don’t think they are very quick at DIY. They are having a brick wall build at the front and it’s taken them two weeks to remove the old small wall and two days to lay a wall nine bricks high. When we had the same thing done it only took a day to do.

We had loads of chocolate left from Christmas so decided to hide them and eat at Easter instead of an Easter egg. As there was too much chocolate to physically eat in a couple of days we decided to start early. Monday and Tuesday saw us polish off a dark and a milk Terry’s Chocolate Orange. Yesterday was half a box of chocolate truffles. Tonight will be the other half… Still to eat is a box of Celebrations and two large Toblerones – and not a ‘Steve’ in sight ! ! !

Marie

No comments: