Monday, January 02, 2006

All quiet on the Western Front

I’m getting worried. The new neighbours haven’t been seen since Thursday afternoon.

They were exceptionally loud on Thursday as they were sanding the newly replaced floor boards – imagine air raid sirens only a thousand times louder.

John was at work * so I was able to drown out the noise by playing my music a little louder than normal. Think house vibrating.

Could it be they’ve got the message that us neighbours are sick of the noise and need a break. Nahh ! ! !

As it’s the start of a new year it’s customary to make resolutions. I’m not a resolutions person however I do have a ‘want’ list.

1: I want to win the lottery. It doesn’t matter if it’s the normal lottery, the extra or the Euro. As long as it’s the jackpot and is over £1m I’m not bothered.

2: I want to lose a stone and a half in weight.

3: I want to finish my novel.

4: I want to continue my piano lessons.

Marie




* he thinks I’m being childish when I turn my music up. He’s probably right but

a) he’s at work all day so doesn’t have to put up with it.
b) there’s something therapeutic in doing so especially when I inflict my singing on them as well…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're obviously feeling better!! ;-)